current reading..



Excerpts

"Faith is life itself.

Those that are wretched, in the full sense of the word, are those that are bereft of the treasures of faith. They are always in state of misery and anger.

[But whosoever turns away from my Reminder (neiher believes in this Qur'an or acts on its orders, etc.) verily, for him is a life of hardship.] [Qur'an 10:124]

The only means of purfying the heart and of removing anxieties and worries from it is to have complete faith in Allah, Lord of all that exists. In fact, there can be no meaning to life when one has no faith."
Talking of faith, does this mean I lack in faith? Its a question I'm not sure I can answer truthfully because I suppose I do lack abit of it. My friend told me the other day, when I told him 'Hey I do pray every day .. ', and he replied 'Well if you did, then you wouldn't be this way now would you?'

It stumped me for a moment, the ugly truth that perhaps what I have been doing all this while is not worth Allah's attentions. Meaning that perhaps all this praying was never to the quality that Allah demanded of his subjects.

Wudhu, yes.. I suppose its complete.

Clothes clean, Qibla? yeah in the right direction.

But something must be missing, something amiss that makes me still the person I am.

Lacking in faith, the very core that helps me stand in the winds of enticing sins. I sway a little but most time I do manage to just stand and let it pass.

I didn't know what made me picked up this book, I saw the nice hard cover but that wasn't what appealed to me. It was the cover; Don't Be Sad. Now here a book that tells me that I don't have to be sad. A manual perhaps with ways to tell me to be happy, if not happier. Here is a book not written but fame pyschotherapist. Here is a book not written by a Fat man appearing on Oprah.

Excerpts:

"The best course of action that a confirmed atheist can take, if he will not believe, is to take his own life. At least by doing so, he will free himself from the darkness and wretchedness in which he lives. How base and mean is a life without faith! How eternally accursed is the existance enveloping those who are outside of the bounderies set down by Allah!

[And We shall turn their hearts and their eyes away (away from guidance), as they refused to believe therein for the first time, and We shall leave them in their trespass to wonder blindly.][Qur'an 6:10]


How funny that I used to think like an atheist, I felt death would release me of this bonds that binds so tightly around my soul. I thought that perhaps death would let me free of this chains that strangles my heart. Its funny that I manage to pass through the phase and finally found this book that leads me back to the path of freedom; one that frees the soul and spirit.

There are more to read, more to understand and more to learn.

Perhaps after this I will be happy.

1 blurbs:

Anonymous said...

hun, keep the ideas on... flowing... i'd always loved the way u write...
*tercabar kewibawaan ku sebagai seorang journalist!*

btw babe, me on tv this month... i passed probation period, which previously was as long as 2 yrs on my seniors...
i'm now officially an rtm staff, and entitled for overseas news covering as well...

alhamdulilah... ;)

so... how've u been keeping up doll? rindu siot :*

Copyright © 2009 - b l o g A d a m - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template