Serpent.. an Omen?

I must confess that I love living in Sabah, I love the people, I love the culture, I love the friendliness and most importantly its WILDERNESS. I had a close encouter with the reptilian kind, up close and almost personnel if only I had the courage to go up to it and touch it.




I know I wasn't Jeff Corwin or Crocodile Dundee (loved this movies; for its innocence of a bush man and the nature that surrounds him); but I did have the motivation to go and touch the 5 foot snake slithering across the street. I'm always fascinated with animals, I can't stand the stench of cat's pee or a doggie poo but I do love animals nonetheless. The last time I had a pet was a cat named Danny Gray, but we lost it (went out exploring and didn't came back, probably some one cat-napped him cos he was one beautiful kitten, gray in colour with white rings on his tail); my fondest memories was when he lick my face with his smelly breath in the morning to let him out of my room to eat. Anyway, me ma was devastated when we he didn't came back. he was always the one to keep her company during her menopausal months. he was like family, only with extra fur, and never clean up his own shit.


Right, as I was talking about the snake earlier, i'm not sure what kind of snake it was. probably a phyton only because it was big and it didnt had the diamond that flares up like sails for a head to qualify as a cobra species. (not that i know how .. thats another matter). In supernatural belief by the Malays muslims, snakes can be djinns, morph into a snake. i'm not sure why snakes,
but probably had connections with the event of Eve eating that apple. Don't know. by traditions if you found a snake slithering into your house you've got to do 2 things; the first is to address it and demand it to slither out of your house. Why? Good question, it relates what i was saying just now. it could be the djinns that took the shape of a snake. by addressing it and asking it to leaver your house could avoid certain supernatural problems. ask it thrice then if it don't leave your beautiful house then you can kill it or what ever it is you want do; like:
  1. capture it and sell it to the nearest sinseh, they cherish snakes for their medicinal properties. i'm fine with my panadols thanks.
  2. capture it and sell to the highest bidder for its meat, probably the same reasons as above.
  3. capture it and skin it to make a beautiful handbag or belt.
  4. call the wildlife agency and let them deal with it.
there's so many surprises in sabah, i'm just waiting for it to appear though i wish one at a time.. hehehe..

snakes by far are an interesting creature, i don't think there are that many legends and stories that involves animals when it comes to snakes. i mean the famous one are the Adam & Eve; [the picture is a western imaginations and interpretation; not of Islamic belief] where a snake was dupes by Satan (Iblis) to persuade Eve to bite the forbidden fruit,





the Buddha during his enlightenment; where a snake coiled around Buddha to protect him from the rain (i think or was it from the Demons), and the Rainbow serpent of the australian aborigines legends.

in short i just find snakes are a fascinating creatures of which some day i hope to get one as a pet ....

0 blurbs:

Copyright © 2009 - b l o g A d a m - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template