all from a reminder..

I am a person of eternal bonds, when I create a bond between any souls that pass through my so-called life I stay bonded. Even though they moved with time, graduating, getting married and having kids; for me my friends are my world. A friend of mine is due to “pop” in august, while another friend in October. The first with her second child and the latter her first. Having kids, creation and wonder of the Almighty, how lightly yet the word sound but when actually having one it weighs the world.

They are both 24 years, both my former classmates, both my companions through my years in form 4 and form 5. I’ve seen them grow, and I’ve seen them changed for the better. Albeit can be a bit wild sometimes, well only when I’m around; the Unattached One.

Its funny to think back during all those years before they all began their life as wives and as a mom soon-to-be. We wondered and we planned; my friends their wedding and honeymoon and me trying to figure out what I wanted to be, either a fireman or a police or an astronaut. Just kidding, although that was my childhood dreams after watching Police Academy the comedy, what I am now and what I wanted to be is beyond similar. As they say, the Almighty knows best.

This is my destiny and I’ve to accept it.

It was my friend’s son birthday yesterday; he’s 6 years old now. My friend got married right after SPM. He’s smart boy, always the entertainer whenever his mom would bring him about lepaking with us. I almost forgot his birthday if not for my reminder, always reminding that my life is flashing by so quickly.

Happy Birthday Aiman Aquim Bin Fariq.

I almost missed my best friend’s wedding, if not for my parents who sort-off lent me money to buy flight tickets back from tawau. Hehe. To be someplace where you’ve been hearing about all my life, to be watching my friend, sitting in the midst of the elders. Clad in white and serene and tranquil and most probably nervous. To be hearing my friend’s husband recited those words that I last heard from my own sister’s wedding. I don’t think I’ve felt so proud in my life, proud of what my friends have become of themselves. Only to have a flickering moment in my head and recalled how we were in high school.

All those years she has been planning for her wedding, the days when during lepak hours or during Biology she would talk about what she wanted, and I would listen. And then laugh about it later. Big dreams for girls back then, dreams that have become real after all.

Nowadays, some of them are moms, some of them wives and all of them productive member of society; these friends who turned out to be an engineer and bankers and moms. I just can’t find the words to tell them myself it indescribable to see them now.

Kepada Pn.Diana Paharodzi…. WOOOHOOOO! You got what you wanted … hehehe..


….all this from as simple reminder. I’m going nuts.

1 blurbs:

Anonymous said...

darling bro... i cudnt really bring myself to finish all the pages u sent me in the email...
but i kinda get the whole idea of it...
sabar je k? we're always safe as long as we're on the right side... true?

luf,

-babakh-

Copyright © 2009 - b l o g A d a m - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template